Chapaat v2.0

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Poyum

A poem is a very special thing in our life.

In this lecture, deer istudents, we discuss what is actually a poem.
________


"A poem is a set of sentences which make sense and rhyme" - Mani

Case 1:
Some people may dismiss the rhyme part but I feel it is the most important part of what distinguishes a poem from a paragraph.
for such people, writing a poem is infant's play. (ya! child's play is tuffer than infants play)

for eg.
'The stars shone in the dark but when the sun came along they dwindled away and vanished into thin space'
(in space there is no air)

Now to convert it into a poem,

The stars shone in the dark,
But when the sun came along,
they dwindled away
and vanished into thin space.

What an amazing non-rhyme poem.


Case 2: Some people may ignore the making sense part

Till the day
when sun runs out of hydrogen
Till the day
when the universe stops expanding
till the day
when light stops travelling
till the day
when meteorites stop landing....

Till the day
when pluto becomes hot
Till the day
when all planets stop behaving well
till the day
when aliens are afraid of us
until that day, i'm sure
none will live, to tell.

What an amazing non-sense poem.

Case 3:Some people may ignore both, sense and rhyme.
Without sense and rhyme they have only one option, heavy words.

Such people work in 2 steps
1.Write a very simple poem.(shouldn't make sense)

When the sky is high
I see you in my heart
and the crazy things
that come out of my heart.

These people make use of a Thesaurus all the time...
Hence

2.Get a Thesaurus and replace all words by any heavy word possible

When the heavens are lofty
I experience you in my bosom
and the enamores I do
that emanate from the bosom.




Case 4:
There are other types of writings, which can be accepted as poems
but some contain some small intrinsic non-sense which could be sometimes ignored.

for eg.
Roses are red,
voilets are blue,
sugar is sweet,
but not as sweet as you.

Now who has tasted the 'you' in this case to conclude the great sweetness in this case.

Case 5: There are some 'poems' too...

a.Romantic poems
Love is in the air

Love is in the air
where where where where where?
Either i'm blind
Or you dont have a mind
Love is nowhere to be found
so come back to the ground
Love is maybe undercover
So get back to work Mr.lover



b.Frustrated Poems
Lame excuses (written when no reason for being absent in school could be found)

Lame excuses
blow my fuses

I'v gotta think
have i got my brain on rent ?
Done with such proficiency
White lies, but they're apparent!

thoughts profuse
not one to use

What to say ?
Thinking deep inside
How to present an alibi ?
now he'll eat me, shallow fried.

I know I can't get away
Only one thing to do- pray!

Hope he don't harm me
and I do hope he don't kill me
for I didn't come to school yesterday
and today, no reason to let me free!

"Hackneyed are your reasons
now get punished for your treasons."

And the doom comes to me
Lame are my excuses
help me think something better
free me of these mental bruises.



c.Comedy Poems
Atrocities on animals

We drag it,
press it,
don't feed it,
still need it,
we command,
it doesn't demand
it's bought,
used a lot,
enslaved,
and waved,
some have tail,
some are male,
there are many breeds,
everyone needs,
so they get one,
to have fun,
it rolls,
and crawls,
it's under thrall,
its small,
everyone has one
in their house,
it's our very own
sweet little mouse..



d.Story and biography type poems
Mother Nature

I love nature and all its creatures
I love everyone and all their features
Once I wanted to savor the natural beauty
a stroll through the forest made my heart fruity.

Going through the forest I saw,
A small cute puppy with a broken paw,
The poor animal crying in the grass-bed,
so I kicked the dumbo right in its head.

'Oh!What have I done?' I cried,
and soonafter the puppy died.
Now I knew I was in trouble,
and a police case would make it double.

What should I do god, O great giver...
So I threw the mutt in the river.
I was so scared at this time
maybe someone witnessed the crime.

Just then, I heard some noise
and turned around to find some boys.
Looking at me with staring eyes
Well, sneaking on me was not nice.

So I went close to where they were,
'NO no!..We did'nt see anything Sir!'
But,I had to,so, I took out my gun,
and shot the brats one by one!

Hearing the noise their parents appeared,
They would complain to the police I feared,
So the gun did some more work for the day,
and without waiting anymore I skipped away.

I killed exactly 13 people and a dog
and walked slowly in the fog.
Just when, I saw the same puppy again,
Had my kick gone in vain ?

No Dear! It was the Ghost of the pup
which had come to bang me up!
But I was still the boss, you know.
Coz I have learnt 'Tantrik Vidya' long ago.

So I applied my knowledge against the ghost
and I did something to hurt the puppy the most!
I smacked it and put it into a jar which I had got
and threw the ghost jar in the shitpot!

Years passed and my life changed
everything transformed from disordered to arranged
i sang, danced, and played really awesome guitar
and sooner than I knew, i was a pop star.

Then, After 17 years,police came to me
to enquire about the dog's body found in sea.
'But I threw it into the river!' in my mind thought .
Rivers go into the sea, In geog. I had been taught.

But i had wiped off all proof related to the killing game
They still found me, even though i'd changed my name.
Hail! O Hail to the modern forensic technology
They dug out the truth from 17yr old mythology.

So it was simple to kill the policemen
What was to happen was clear then!
Through plastic surgery I changed my face
and closed the file to the dog murder case.

Slowly, I became more popular then ever
it was my talent and i know i'm clever
No one ever found out that I was the killer
and this is the end to this thriller!

Hence, I advice, never kill anyone
not for revenge not for fun.
I don't want to create any more suspense
coz i think this poem's stopped making sense.

So stop reading get back to work
fulfill your duties and don't shirk(duties)!
Grow more plants and plant more trees,
and help the poor creatures, give a home to the bees!




f.Email converted to poems
The Guy in the Black Suit

She was very sad,
as her Mom died,
She could not think,
whole day she cried.

It was at the funeral
she kept on sobbing,
looking at her mom's face,
felt a pain, so throbbing.

Just then she saw a guy,
she had never seen before,
she didn't know who he was,
beautiful black suit he wore.

He was handsome and smart,
the perfect kind of guy,
She continued to watch him,
as time passed by.

When the function ended,
the looked out for him,
but he had already left,
her face became dim.

It was all over,
now she was back,
everything was almost normal
running the simple life track.

But, As a few days passed
everyone heard the news,
the girl's sister was murdered,
the girl got the blues.

No one got to know,
who killed the sister,
but to tell you,
the girl herself killed her.

You would be wondering,
She killed her , Why ?
She murdered her sister,
so that, again, she could see the guy.

If you could guess that,
you're a killer,
never come close to me,
I now end this thriller.

__________

There are many more types of poems that are out of scope of this course...
So stud(ent)s, I end this lecture here...

If you've managed to read everything till here,
you deserve a shabaashi type chapaat



(This is a shabaashi chapaat)


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home