Chapaat v2.0

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Yeh Chapaat Chapaat kya hota hai ?

Chapaat

Millions of people, till date have asked me, "Oye! What does this chapaat mean??"
Okay! Close your mouth now, I'm only kidding. Only about 4.3623 (approx) people have asked me. So as sit back, close your eyes and relax as you read the answer to the mind-gobbling.. oh I mean mind-boggling question posed to me.

History:

(Suggestion: Just try to imagine what you are read to get a prettier effect)
(The above suggestion was just a suggestion)
I was about 3.44 yrs old and I was supposed to drink my milk. Not my milk I mean cow/'bhans' milk. My mummy wanted me to become big and strong like hercules so she gave me complan in milk. "Yuss! Im a complan boy". But later I started giving her many complans about complain so we shifted to bournvita, boost, milo, EnergyG (local brand) and what not. Now I drink complan again by the way. So when I was about 3.44 yrs old, as my mummy keeps telling me, I was a patethic chap. I used to spill it everyday. Every single day I used to spill it on the carpet and my mom said "Beta! Carpet bada ho jayega, tu chhota reh jayega". As if I was bothered. What mummy did not understand was that who wanted to be 'bada' and strong. Mujhe konsa girlfriend pataani thee us time. And obviously carpet bada ho gaya to mehengaa hee hoga na!!! One fine day, I very normally, by mistake pushed the glass on the carpet hoping it would enlarge for the better when my dad came into the scene. Then there was a sound, heard far far away, heard y the chirping birds, heard by the barking dogs, heard by the swishing trees and heard by everything else that was left(and right too). Do you know what that sound was ??? It was 'Chapaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt'. Later, the carpet died of malnourishment.

I was in class 3.3342. Ma'am had given us atleast 2 pages of homework to do. I remember how we used to write C.W. for class work and H.W. for homework. So these 2 pages of H.W. had to be done really urgent. As expected, I did not complete the H.W. very nicely. Infact I did not do it at all. Later, I was standing with two other guys(no not cows) in a line with our respective heads facing the ground(not the playground dumbo! zameen!!) as the teacher walked with her oscillating leather belt and said,
"Arre O! Kitne pagewa they"
"5 page sarkaar...errr.. madam"
"Aur tum ????"
"Hum teeno akele they madam"
"Tum teen akele aur woh do page!!! Bahooooot nainsaafi hai!"
Then she laughed. The other two creeps fell at her feet and cried
"Humein maaf kar do! Please! Hum gunhegaar hai! Maaaaa!!!!!"
And suddenly, teacher's mamta woke up and tears started to crawl out of her buttony eyes,
"Kya kya! Kya kaha tumne! Maaaaaa!! Mujhe aaj tak Maa kisi ne nahi bulaaya! Jao mere bacho... Tumhe maaf kiya"
The teacher was single and had no kids. By the way this was all planned by those two guys. Kya planning thee baap!
So, I being the only prey left... Suddenly the teacher said
"Kyu nahi kiya homework!!!" (she couldn't speak english na!)
"I am sorry ma'am.. I forgot.. I mean I bhool gaya" (I spoke only english.. Ahem ahem)
"Oh bhool gaya!! Khaana khaana bhoolte ho kabhi ???", she outcried in her outrageous voice.
"Seldom but yes.", I said in an amazing australian accent.
Ma'am couldn't understand what I said and again there was a reverberating sound all over... Class 1 guys heard it, class 2 guys heard it, princi heard it and rest did too. Do you know what that sound was ???? It was 'Chapaaaaaaaaaatttttttt'. Later, her mamta woke up again as I fell at her feet and said "Maaaaa mujhe maaf kar do".

I was in the cricket field. I was the pioneer batsmen in our colony and an exemplary bowler. So this one day, I was batting and showed my stupendous skills to the cheering girls. I raised an eyebrow everytime they cheered indicative of extreme confidence and as an acknowledgement of my famous reputation. The dead-tired bowler kept on bowling as he could not get me out and I kept on shooting the ball in all directions that existed. Then came this bouncer, but hooking it off my chest was childs play. But from somewhere out of the thin air, I don't know where, an old uncle placed himself in the trajectory of the ball. What was to happen is clear. Uncle hit the ball very hard and ceased the travelling-towards-the-bounry-with-all-its-might ball's motion. Skipping the middle portion, I shall tell you, there was again an echoing sound heard by the pitch, by the fielders and bowler, by the wickets and all such stuff. Do you know what that sound was ???? It was 'Chapaaaaaaatttttttt'. Later, I declared my innings over
No one could bowl me out.

Lesson:
There were about 503 more incidents like this. But lets try to learn from these 3. Okay, first of all, do you find something common in the three ?? Exactly! Chapaaat! So as life keeps giving us chapaats from to time, physical or virtual, Chapaat is the place where you can get to know or get yourself a chapaat.. And all this! For free!
So time you hear someone asking "Arre bhai! Yeh chapaat kis chidiya ka naam hai ??", open your hand wide and give him a perfect chapaat and speak out in amitabh bachpan style
"Yeh! Haan Haan Yeh! hai chapaat! Samjha!!! Haeen ??? "

General Stuff:
Obviously enough, chapaat v2.0 was not always v2.0. Earlier only Chapaat existed but I had deleted it by mistake through the settings page. Chapaat v1.0 had a completely different style and chapaat has changed a LOT. That is why I keep posting the old stuff sometimes. Though seldom.

There are many types of chapaats.
1.General Chapaat -> The very general chapaat we get out of our lives or keep giving people. They could be phyical or virtual.. Though the physical ones make a really nice sound. Try it our sometimes. Suppose A gives a chapaat to B, let us note the sound schemes...
A:"yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!" (try to gather force)
At contact, "Chapaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttt" (A must not forget the follow-through for a perfect sound)
B:"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!" (Out of pain)
(Invented by nature)

2. Shabaashi Chapaat -> When a chapaat is necessary but you want to appreciate someone. (Thanks to dudreja, the discoverer) (Mostly given on the back... )

3.Affection Chapaat -> When you want to express affection but still want to convey your emotions using a chapaat. Kiss your hand and with the same hand give a general chapaat to the person. The best type of chapaat. (Thanks to me)

4.Healing chapaat, Acidic chapaat, and a million other types of chapaats which are being invented everyday by people like Sunrays.
__



There are people like Sayesha and Raddy (and maybe more) who have started call me chapaat.
"Oye chapaat! Kya haal hai tera ??"
There are people who read every chapaat (wow!) and people who haven't read even one. When I first entered the world of blogging I was called "Havami". Then I changed it to "Red Colored Green Monster". Then "Ze Chapaater". Then "Ze Exaggeratorr". But sorry to say, Ze Exaggeratorr kee to vaat lag chuki hai. Someone calls me Ze Exagg or maybe Ze Ex or Ze but some lethargic souls drop down to the level of calling me 'Z'. Waaah!

This was my 99th chapaat. Keep your eyes, ears, nose and mouth open for the century. (Dekha I told you na I was an awesome batsman!)

P.S. The stories were 99.3876387 (approx) % pure fiction and any resemblance with anyone living, dying or dead is coincidental. (Maybe)

Labels:

25 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger AJ, at January 01, 2006 10:43 AM  

  • hehehe
    lol..
    mujhe toh best toh teri teacher ki oscillatin belt aka gabbar female lagi!
    chapaat is like wine..keeps gettin better n better with time!!
    congrats for 99 runs(posts)
    Century ka intezaar..jaldi maarna warna last moment pe out ho jayega!

    By Blogger AJ, at January 01, 2006 10:44 AM  

  • So, are you like this 'outside the internet'? It would be fun. ^.^

    By Blogger Layfield, at January 01, 2006 11:18 AM  

  • Oh!

    Oh Lord! what enlightenment! Let me allow you to congratulate me for understanding the real nature of chapaat today.

    Gandhiji nay kaha thaa key agar koi tumharay gaal par ek chapaat raseed karay to tum apnaa doosra gaal saamnay rakh denaa. And today I understand, which chapaat he was talking about. Smart guy - Gandhiji!

    And now I am open-cheek-edly waiting for the 100th machaaoo chapaat.

    By Blogger vibhav, at January 01, 2006 11:29 PM  

  • acha hain beta [[ a shabhashi type chapaat to you ]]

    By Blogger arpana, at January 02, 2006 12:57 AM  

  • @champa
    abe piyakkad! kitni wine peeti hai !
    hahaha

    bas wait maar abhi 100va maarta hu

    @jetru
    Yes dude.. I am always like this.. outside or inside the net!

    @smriti
    Oh ty ty
    keep readin

    @the anon
    Oh absolutely! gandhiji meant chapaat.blogspot.com when he said that! the machau-pana shall be back!

    @arpz
    Arre konsa beta ? Kiska beta ? huh ??? huh ??

    and a shabashi chapaat 2 u for ze shabaashi chapaat 2 me! :D

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at January 02, 2006 4:39 AM  

  • *with tears in her eyes*
    betaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    main aa gayi!!!!!!!
    tumhe pata nahi hai mujhe kitani khushi ho rahi hai...
    vatsa..tera blog theek ho gaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mera asheerwaad...
    main apani khushi rok na payi thi tera comment apani pichali post par padh kar....forun yahan dodi chali aayi...tera blog theek ho gaya!!!
    chal mein ab jaa kar teri post padhati hoon:)

    By Blogger R, at January 02, 2006 5:07 AM  

  • hahahha
    hahahahha
    hahahahhahah
    hahahahhahah!!!!
    phunny read beta!!!
    phunny read!!!!

    By Blogger R, at January 02, 2006 5:13 AM  

  • i read ur post in 6 mins!!wat se, vatsa, wat say:))

    By Blogger R, at January 02, 2006 5:14 AM  

  • @ruchi
    Arre! itni khushi! mujhe bhi khushi transfer ho gayee re!
    mast hai yaar... toone sirf 6 mins mein pad daala.. mujhe to likhte likhte 30 mins lag gaye they! daat deni padegi!

    thanks for ur aasheeerwwwwwaaaadd!!!

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at January 02, 2006 5:43 AM  

  • Kya bulaoo tujhe.. ZE ya chapaat?? :) :)

    By Blogger Chitra, at January 02, 2006 9:41 PM  

  • arre ye baat
    ab aaya maza teri chapaat padhne kaa, main bhi tension free ho gaya re, exam over, aur net ghar pe , vaah, aur tune mere peeche se kya gul khilaye hain? abhi tera purane hisaab ka audit karta hun. I think I always knew the meaning of chapaat, even before I read it, I am God gifted u know!

    By Blogger mIncl, at January 02, 2006 11:37 PM  

  • very funny & true indeed. lifes gives lotsa chapaaaat. CHATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK !!

    and i thought it wud be 503.5643 more incidents .. but i guess u forgot the .5643 ones .. hehe .. chappat has lotsa memory effects as well . batti gul types .

    and who the hell asked abt CHAPPAT .. hindi nhin samjh ati kya :O .. hehehe

    great post praaji. keep the chapppats comin.

    PS:: if u evr saw MTV in medieval delhi .. have u seen MTV ONE TIGHT SLAP .. grt chapaat stuff tht is.

    By Blogger radiohead, at January 03, 2006 4:30 AM  

  • "Oye chapaat! Kya haal hai tera ??"

    :D

    CS is back on your blog! Muahahaha! Ab bachke tu jayega kidhar?? The reverberating sound waves of my chapaat will travel faster than your legs will carry you! Muahahaha! :D

    By Blogger Sayesha, at January 03, 2006 4:58 PM  

  • "A Chapaat a day keeps Mani's PJs away."(pun uniintended)

    Over the past few weeks, your poor jokes ('non-virtual interaction chapaats' which only your non-blogger friends can understand) have subsided. Looks to be an indirect effect of the mis-efforts put by you on chapaatv2.0. Anyways, keep up the good work and please improve your gaming skills (real i.e. cricket and virtual i.e. Counter Strike).

    P.S. Where's the 100th chapaat Mandiraj?? You seem to be blogging the way Indian batsmen bat on 99.
    I'm am eagerly anticipating it.

    P.S. P.S. I want a PS too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 03, 2006 10:32 PM  

  • congrats!!!..99..wah!!..may this no. increase to 999!!!
    All the very best to u n thnx 4 free ki chapaats:-p!!!-Ms.Happening!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 04, 2006 3:23 AM  

  • Waiting for your hundredth post....*waits*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 04, 2006 8:26 AM  

  • @chitra
    Ze bolo ya chapaat, bas acidic chapaat na maar,
    kuch bhi bula le, but your name is chitrahaar!

    @romi
    abe tu back aa gaya! mujhe laga guzar gaya becharaa...
    and haa! mai bhi god gifted hu.. kyuki mujhe bhi likhne se pehle chapaat ka meaning malum tha

    @rinku
    arre waah.. mujhe sabaasi aur affeksun dono!
    wah wah... majaa aaya!

    //aur agar coincidental hai bhee...to dental chackups ke lie daactr babu ke paas jao...yahan kyon aae ho rajess BABU!!
    hahah
    mast hai re!

    @anuj
    mujh gareeb ko to sab chapaat maarte rehte hain :(
    MTV one tight chapaat 2 you to re!
    thanks waise!

    @sayesha
    CS! tujhe bhi 3 chapaat!

    //the reverberating sound waves of my chapaat will travel faster than your legs will carry you!
    samajh nahi aata, yeh statement pad ke hasu, ya darr ke rou!
    hahahaha :(

    @deepu bete
    abe saale! tujhe kal 503 pj maarunga! aur cricket mein teri chop kar dunga! dekhiyo tu!
    100 is coming soon dude!

    [[this is a ps too for you]]

    @ms happening
    arre! who told u free ??
    Rs 2.38738738 Approx is added to your internet bill per chapaat you read!

    @anon
    mere intezaar mein, please na ban waiter
    100 to aayega hee, sooner or later.

    (waise jaldi aayega)

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at January 04, 2006 10:43 AM  

  • Could you guess? Never mind, there's a lot of time. But it isn't going to be easy. Neither tough.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 04, 2006 7:45 PM  

  • By the way, the above comment is a big hint too!
    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 04, 2006 7:50 PM  

  • Hi,
    here goes my comment of 10.567 lines :D
    Honestly,even i got da same doubt"yeh chapaat kyaa hotha hain?"
    4 heavens sake I gotto kno it 2day,thnx 2 ur 99th chapaat :p

    "I said in an amazing australian accent" wen u wer in class 3.3342 ....
    gr8 fiction .. :D
    this post is hilarious.
    Keep on batting..

    waiting 4 ur century..
    BTW,i like tons that complete wid a big 6 ,a la sehwag :p

    By Blogger Shriedhar, at January 04, 2006 9:17 PM  

  • Hi,
    here goes my comment of 10.567 lines :D
    Honestly,even i got da same doubt"yeh chapaat kyaa hotha hain?"
    4 heavens sake I gotto kno it 2day,thnx 2 ur 99th chapaat :p

    "I said in an amazing australian accent" wen u wer in class 3.3342 ....
    gr8 fiction .. :D
    this post is hilarious.
    Keep on batting..

    waiting 4 ur century..
    BTW,i like tons that complete wid a big 6 ,a la sehwag :p

    By Blogger Shriedhar, at January 04, 2006 9:23 PM  

  • I'm the anon who said - Waiting for your hundredth post....*waits*

    Just wanted to say i still don't speak (or read) hindi :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 06, 2006 8:13 AM  

  • @the anon
    ahem ahem

    @shreedhar
    shukar hai u know what chapaat is now!
    aur dekh na.. apun 100 mara!!!
    thanks for ur 10.76376 lines a comment!

    @vikram
    zor ka aaaaaaaaaaah!
    thanks be!

    @anon
    forgive me dear.
    I must translate what I said,

    In my wait, O dear, do not become a waiter,
    the 100 will come, surely, sooner or later.

    (btw its up!)
    (and lets name you 'Anonymous English' so I know in which lang. to reply)
    (idea,courtesy sadu)

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at January 06, 2006 9:16 AM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 28, 2006 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home