Chapaat v2.0

Monday, September 18, 2006

Foods Feuds

Its the chicken-soup reign, again. As I noisily sipped the soup, it made me remember the typhoid days (and nights too), when I was supposed to have two big bows of soup in a day. Not that I don't savor the stew, but the everyday notion of it is a bit too much, esp homemade chicken soup has that homemade healthy, rather a very naive kinda look and taste which makes it even more unappealing.

The chicken soup lives, owing to the 'fact' that I ostensibly am become weak, my skin is darkening and the mental tension I have creates a need for rest. By the way, thats what my Mom feels although I wonder. According to her, my health is monotonously detereorating simply beacuse I eat skimpy quantities. If only someone could tell her what a ravenous raavan I am. And not just that I eat less, I eat all junk, oil and fat. Greens for me are a strict no-no, you see.

Sporadically and suddenly, at times, my mom shoots her statements in a plaintive yet authoritative voice, "Oh! you've become so week". Oh gosh! I thought I was just a day but now I'm week!! And then I flex my muscles and smirk, "Thats not true at all! See my muscles". "Look at your stomach!", she retorts. I then tighten my abs and show her what a macho I still am but I'm getting weak and puny and dark and tense and a million other things.

The chicken soup is still bearable. Umm.. Lets just say I'm inured to it now, but carefully note what follows. Due to a heavy soup with scads of chicken bits, which is generally served to me at around 8 in the evening, my appetite for 'food' further plummets which is the cause for more criticism and disapproval. But how, tell me, do I explain my plight to her ?
"Mom, I've had soup just now"
"So what ? Soup is only water and with that petty amount of chicken you feel full ? Boys of your age eat double than you guys" (My brother, too, is at the receiving end).
"If the soup is water, then whats the use of giving it ?"
"Shut up and eat"

Ab kya karein, atyachaar kee to aadat see pad gayi hai.

I can never make her understand this, I feel. So I quietly drink the soup and calmly have my food because I just can't help it. Perhaps, she knows less about material and energy balance or maybe I know too much.

Labels:

14 Comments:

  • Dude chicken soup is good for you!

    By Blogger Pareshaan, at September 18, 2006 8:21 PM  

  • Hence he proved he's still alive.. the soup kept him alive!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 19, 2006 7:18 AM  

  • Bcz mothers will b mothers :)!

    n chicken soup is really gud for u :D..tell ur mom to double the dose :D...ek bowl meri taraf se bhi le le naa plz:P!

    Gud to see u back!:D-Creepa!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 19, 2006 12:01 PM  

  • try having soup at 7.59
    it might help

    By Blogger Koi Pahailee, at September 19, 2006 12:15 PM  

  • Moms can never understand our fundas abt food man! Their only job is to make sure their offspring eats 4 times a day. Even now my mum calls every night and takes an account of what her 'poor weak daughter' has eaten thru'out the day! I swear moms are THE worst ppl to consult for an honest opinion abt how u look!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2006 9:41 AM  

  • how come such a long break from blogging?

    By Blogger nupur, at September 21, 2006 11:51 AM  

  • chapaat for not writing so long .. did that hurt?

    ok , this chapaat ( friendly yaar) for writing now !

    By Blogger arpana, at September 22, 2006 5:41 AM  

  • chicken soup..... naaahhhhhhh
    chicken mancha soup....haaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn
    mummy ko idea de de..... thora to change maangtaich hai....
    bole to.... It gets boring yaar :)

    By Blogger Daroga, at September 30, 2006 9:40 PM  

  • "atyachaar"?? lol...but seriously ill or not ill...moms always feel we never have enuf!! :O

    By Blogger Di, at October 03, 2006 9:50 PM  

  • Ab toh lagta hai chapaat V3 will come soon...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 12, 2006 11:01 AM  

  • chicken soup for the soul ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 25, 2006 4:06 AM  

  • what has happened to u?
    i am getting worried now

    By Blogger Koi Pahailee, at October 26, 2006 9:50 AM  

  • @pareshaan
    me noze! me noze!
    thats why i drink it!

    @champa
    hail the chicken soup, that supported such a monster!

    @anony
    I never showed my back to you, my deer, friend ..
    And why was it so pleasing ???

    @Koi Pahailee
    are you a born genuis or was it my company ?

    @mirage
    i agreed with you a 101 % on that 1. Either I'm weak, or I'm fat. I'm never in the middle!

    @thedq
    na dear, its the other way round.
    how come such a short break from breaking!

    @arpz
    resounding chapaaaaaaaaaaaaat to you, for giving me two chapaats!

    @adarsh
    haha
    mancha soup ne to machaa dee!
    hehee

    @di
    i agreez, moms are always such pessimists!

    @champa
    nahi nahi, yeh mat bol champa,
    yeh mere kaano ko acha nahi lagta re!!

    @shy
    na dood, for the sole!

    @koi pahailee
    maybe im no more
    (obviously im not a more, im a human! haha)

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at October 26, 2006 12:33 PM  

  • no i dont know you
    but i really miss those funny posts

    I used to read them sometimes when my day was not going well
    used to cheer me up

    so i miss those posts
    thats y

    By Blogger Koi Pahailee, at October 27, 2006 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home