Chapaat v2.0

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Jolly and uski darling

Thursday was jolly's treat.
Jolly is a guy from the camp.
Dont ask what 'the camp' is.
Just assume its 'the camp'.
He invited me to dinner that night.
He's a cook. (He calls himself a chef though)
He said he'll make food himself.
I said ok

Sun raha hai koi ?
"Nahi pad raha hu"
Ok!

I askd him who's comin.
He said buzz grp..
Buzz group was the name of our group at 'the camp'.
I said ok.
I expected that we'll be 4-5 people and he'll make nice food and we'll enjoy.

When I reached there at 9.30 PM!
Some 10-15 guys roaming around outside his house!
They were just moving randomly!

"Kya???"

Haan!
All well dressed ppl.
Collez guys.
They had all come for his treat.
Chapaat # 1

"You knew them?"

I knew only 1 jolly and 1 more person gunji.
Meri Chop.
Thats Ok.
I said hello n all.
but every1 seemed to be serious
I asked what happenin'.
Now listen.
One of the guys who'd come there
He got the news his dad had been kidnapped in nainitaal...

Chapaat #2

" WAT????? you mean his dad was still a kid ???"
Shut up!
"Sorry"
He was kidnapped.
This guy was on the fone.
I dunno talkin', tryin' sumtn'.
I dunno
Jolly told gunji (my other frnd) to take me inside.
We went inside.
In the drawing room
4-5 girls were sittin'
We went and sat

"Then?"
Gunji told everyone my name.
I sat.
After 10s.
Gunji escaped.
So.
There's 4-5 gals, jolly's mom and me sittin in a room
I dont know any girl
They'r talking about I dunno what !
I felt so bloody odd!
Chapaat #4

I sat for 5 mins enjoying the glorious company.
He had this small ground floor balcony type.
Where he'd setup tandoor.
So all the guys were now roaming around there.
Jolly was working on the tandoor.
Roasting chicken n stuff.
I went, stood beside him for sometime.
But he was on phone explaining someone the way
For 10-15 mins I stood

"shit yaar"
Haa shit!
Gunji was roaming around.
He didn't even look at me.
I sat on 1 of the chairs.
There was jolly roasting and talking.
And people roaming around.
In max tension
And givin' him dilaasa (the kidnap wala guy)
I was alone.. sitting.. doing nothing.
Bored.
And came expecting tonnes of fun.
Chapaat #4

"You didn't give dilasa??"
Nahi... I didnt know the guy
I cudn't just be chape!
And he wasn't crying or stuff.
He was chill.

Suddenly i look inside the drawing room.
I see nancy.. ('The Camp' friend)
A min later i saw PJ too. (Another 'The Camp' friend)
I never expected her.
Coz she dont stay late.
And I told her about Jolly's
She never mentioned Jolly called her too.
She was happily with the girls there,
As if they all were best friends,
knowing each other for years.

The time was 10 then
Nothin had started
I was outside.
Sitting on one chair.
Jolly was a little away, roasting
and talking to his friends and greeting newcomers.
People just didn't stop coming!!!
and I had no one to talk to!

Chapaat #5


Later the girls came outside
and suddenly all guys vanished
I dunno why ..
It shud've been the opposite.
They were actually moving randomly out n in
I was sittin
When girls came
I met PJ and Nancy
And all girls sat in 1 line
So suddenly
The girl next 2 PJ moved
and she called me

" kya nautanki ho rahi thi yaar...."

I went and sat next to her.
Thank god PJ was there

"ya...."
Mainay ek ghanta usse chattaya
Normal baat vaat kar rahe they
Suddenly,
Jolly says please have food.
That evening I had lunch at 4.30.
I ate a full pack of choclates after that.
I cudnt even see food.
They served tikkas n soup.
Rather self service.

It was so weird
At 1 corner there r some seats.
Where im sittin between girl line.
And other corner.
Jolly is make tikkas.
You had 2 go and take tikkas from there.
Guys roamin in n out.
Fine.
PJ said at 11.00PM she had to cut.
her mom dad would come to pick her.

First that kidnap guy,
He was yelling on phone,
then he was laughing and eating,
Stayed there for a long while.
Later he cut.

At 10.55 I said im cutting
So I said bye bye and all
I went to jolly 2 say bye
but we got involved in poor jokes n stuff.
He is, like me, also a poor joker
5-10 mins passed

Suddenly, PJ's parents came.
Me Gunji Jolly PJ and Nancy
(Yes!! Jolly afterall left his sweetheart - the tandoor)
Then jolly's mom and dad
We all went out.
I thought I'll also leave.
So
We went out.
Suddenly

"aur bhi hai aage???"
Arre Sun to!

I have always teased Gunji and Jolly
They call themselves chefs.
I call them waiter, bavarchi, cook everything!
Gunji tries call me Mechanic. (Which Im not)

So as we all went out,
Jolly's dad,
he got a plate,
with 2 pcs of chicken, 2 pcs of paneer
and 2 glasses of coke.

He was standing with it.
Her parents were in car.
Suddenly,
He handed the plate 2 me
And said 'Isse serve kar do' (Pls serve this)

Chapaat #6


So i was like waiter
With a plate, 4 pieces and 2 cokes,
Standing at the side of their car,
they got out,
and took it,

And for 5-7 mins
They kept talkin
The mom dads
I was holding the plates
Because 1 or 2 pcs of tikka were left.
I just stood there.
They talked.
PJ Nancy talked within themselves.
Jolly went inside to his darling.(tandoor)
Gunji was laughin at me.
I was a waiter in the middle of a street.
Chapaat #7

Fortunately,
Then PJ took the pieces..
And I ran inside to throw the plate.
I ran back 2 gate to cut.
PJ was leavin.
Said bye n stuff.
Suddenly jolly's mom dad
said "chalo beta andar"(come inside)

And I said
No thank you Thank you
I must leave..
She exclaimed "why ????"
and said "you havent had a bite!!"
So i explained
Aunti its become max late
It was 11.15 PM
Im so so so full
I had lunch around 5
Had a box of choclates
I cant even look at food
There's nothing wrong with Jolly's cooking!

Fortunately they did not force me much.
Max mushkil se I said sorry
and CUT away!

Then I lived happily ever after.
THE END

___

If you're smiling, Chapaat to you.


Labels:

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home