Chapaat v2.0

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Yeh Title Shitle sab man ka vehem hai

My friend Jolly studies somewhere in a village in aurangabad. He's back in Delhi now.

Jolly said, "Arre man! Please come on thursday. Then my holidays are gonna finish"


I was surprised
"Yaar Jolly! You've got holidays ?? I thought Diwali is near.. Why'd you get HoliDays ??"
"Arre man! Those people in my collez, they'r so dumb, they thought it was holi and announced Holidays.. .We also didn't argue... Kya pata diwali days de ya nahi ??"

I was surprised again.
"Yaar Jolly! If people in your collez are dumb, how do they announce things.. I mean how do they speak ??"
"Arre man! Notice print kar ke, sab ko dikhaate firte hain"

I was surprised again and again..
"Yaar Jolly! If they miss someone, then what ??"
"Arre man! Those people dont get to know and they stay in college only even in Holidays or Diwalidays to be more correct. Also, as I told you, people at college are dumb, so the ones who see the notice cannot tell it to others. Its all by luck you see..."

I was not surprised. This was very credible.

---

I hope you're not getting the impression that my name is 'MAN'... Its MANI

Many people have tried to ask me...
Infact, many people have asked me
" 'Mani' ??? Are you from south??"

And I say "Yes! Exactly! I come from South Delhi"
People then get a chapaat.

---

Today is the D-Day!
I mean Diwali Day.
I personally dont believe in formalities. For example saying "Happy Diwali". Because I dont think anyone ever wishes Happy. In the

form of wish, everyone actually delivers vish. So dont expect me to say "Happy Diwali.."
As it is my spellings are weak and Happy ke spelling mein hamesha mistake hoti hai!

You could call me a complete cynic. I dont like to light lamps coz I dont think they'r indicative of anything. I dont like crackers coz I think they cause lotsa noise. I dont like wishing people or going to people's homes with gifts. Everything is formality and in that, I dont believe.

If someone says Happy Diwali, I just write a small "Shame 2 u" not wanting to be very rude.
The other person thinks its a typo and assumes it to be Same 2 u. Well.. I know Im evil.

But...
I just hope, everyone, including you and ME, are happy. [[Hope I dont sound like a hypocrite.]]
Afterall, If your happiness does not interfere with mine, what problems could I have??

Labels:

21 Comments:

  • @pratik gupta
    you're absolutely correct except for 1 thing..
    Hukka peene ke cheez hoti hai.. sunne ke nahi
    P.S. Here peena means smoke karna.. No confusions pls.

    @anon
    Road construction of pa??
    Kutte! How did u get to know that!! ??
    That was my top secret information!
    Seems some gaddaar is working with me....

    @The gaddaar
    Whoever you are, Im gonna get my hands on you.. [[even feet on you]]

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 2:03 AM  

  • Happy Holi-days to you, Man-i

    By Blogger Anand, at November 01, 2005 2:06 AM  

  • @P.Gupta
    Yeh warnin sharning kisi aur ko jaa kar diyo!
    Mai na darta kisi se bhi!

    @andy
    Anpad, diwalidays hain!!!

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 2:08 AM  

  • @P.gupta
    ok ill be afraid of him if u say....
    thanks ab se mein rose hukka sununga! Rose!
    Oh I mean peeunga!

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 2:11 AM  

  • I may not comment regularly but i do read all your posts. just commented to wish u a happy diwali, dil se! thanks for all the laughs :) and i want more java popups. i love them :D sophisticated people who get annoyed by them can ignore them. :P

    By Blogger Tipsy Topsy, at November 01, 2005 3:00 AM  

  • @tt
    im pleased to hear that from u.
    really..
    even I love java popups.. but u c my sophisticated frndz get irritated. hehe
    as for the diwali thingy, shame 2 u

    and ya.. i have read ur blog 2. though I could not comment..
    I wonder why u stopped writings.. i dont praise any1 zabardasti but i really liked ur writing style.

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 3:12 AM  

  • *writing

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 3:12 AM  

  • Holi cow, what a cool post! ;)

    By Blogger Sayesha, at November 01, 2005 5:28 AM  

  • i dont quite fully comprehend the reasons myself. thanks anyway!

    By Blogger Tipsy Topsy, at November 01, 2005 8:58 AM  

  • @sayesha
    Holi cow nahi... diwali cow boleeyay!
    and ty ty

    @tt
    id seriously suggest u 2 start again
    best o' luck

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 9:06 AM  

  • All these formalities(like exchanging gifts etc.) are just a means of getting together and meeting up with your known ones. They dont signify anything, but at least because of such formalities people meet up and spend some time together once in a year! So, u keep ur cynic mind out and learn to enjoy the festival and its formalities....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 01, 2005 9:11 AM  

  • Wah, wah, wah, kamaal kar diya aapne, what a holi/diwali mix-up. Excellent Sir, and wish you a very happy Diwali

    By Blogger Pareshaan, at November 01, 2005 9:23 AM  

  • @anony
    Laura! naam likhne se sharmaati kyu hai ??
    anyways
    dekh yaar
    I know these are means of getting together
    but what happens is ulta... u meet up due to formality and there's no sense of oneness...

    and ya formalities r not enjoyable but actions that emanate from love n brotherhood are to be enjoyed...
    sorry.. i became a little too preachy here...

    @pareshaan
    ty ty ty
    shame 2 u dude!
    ash around
    (sush bhi chalegi)

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 9:28 AM  

  • I think each one has their own way of looking at things..You think its a formality, some other think "Its just one of those days, when you get together, and enjoy the spirit of the festival and just a reason to show that you care"..Each one for his own!

    By Blogger Rays Of Sun, at November 01, 2005 11:04 AM  

  • @ros
    im not skeptical about these things just because i wanna be different or sumtn..Neither do I desire to be such.
    I just base my thoughts on what I observe.
    Coz eventually the whole essence of love in relationships is lost and only formality is left. I obviously exaggerate a bit but yaar, when most of the juice of the orange has dried up, what use is the pulp of ??

    I dont wanna demean any1's emotions on this topic as such... but think for a while and compare the no. of ppl who are your actual wellwishers and the no of ppl u know... The most amazing thing is.. U can neva be sure if a person is a wellwisher or not... somethings r just blind... haina ?

    im sorry if this disputes your way of thinkin, but as u say, we all have opinions...

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 11:12 AM  

  • I want to say something .. but I'm kaanfoosed!!
    If I say Happy Diwali .. you gonna say Shame to you! If I say I wanna meet you .. you gonna say its formality ;)
    So what to do :(
    I have decided to to think about this problem - till Holi..
    Tab tak .. ahem !
    Hehehe
    Funny post as usual :D

    By Blogger aria, at November 01, 2005 11:18 AM  

  • Man, you are weird!

    I still don't get what a Chapaat is...

    By Blogger Layfield, at November 01, 2005 10:29 PM  

  • @aria
    dont be kaanfoosed.. (otherwise u wont hear nething)
    if you say HD, yes ill say shame 2 u
    if u say u wanna meet, Ill say lets chicken
    so do anything but dont think much... coz u cud have joint pains (knees mein)

    and ty ty keep readin.

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 10:41 PM  

  • @jetru
    hmmmm
    you've asked a tuff Q
    but as im the most experienced guy in asnwering tuff Q. i shall answer it.

    A chapaat is a SLAP. 'Chappaaaaaaat' thats the sound which emanates when you slap some1 (try it on urself)
    So whenever sum1 gets or deserves to get a chapaat from life or somewhere else, its recorded on this blog.

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 01, 2005 10:43 PM  

  • @vik
    wallah! shukriya!!!

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 02, 2005 1:17 AM  

  • @rinku
    sardaar! holi to bahut dooooor hai!
    :(
    humkaa maaf kardo sardaar!!!! humne aapka namak mirchi sab khaya hai!!

    and shame 2 u.. (not shame shame poppy shame wala... woh to hamne bhi khela hai...hehe)

    By Blogger Kaala Kavva, at November 02, 2005 3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home